I like to "borrow" good ideas, so I'm borrowing this one from Elisa. Bellow are quotes from 15 movies that I really like. If you know the movie leave the number of the quote and the name of the movie in the comments. No cheating!
1. “You're 5 foot nothin', 100 and nothin', and you have barely a speck of athletic ability. And you hung in there with the best college football players in the land for 2 years. And you're gonna walk outta here with a degree from the University of Notre Dame. In this life, you don't have to prove nothin' to nobody but yourself. And after what you've gone through, if you haven't done that by now, it ain't gonna never happen. Now go on back.”
2. “Well, we thought you had some hidden depth,” “Oh no, that’s where you’ve always been wrong; I really am this shallow,”
3. “What are you doing here?” “I could ask you the same question.” “Do you normally walk alone in cemeteries at night?”
4. “Now if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you can come up with another clever idea to get us all killed - or worse, expelled."
5. “How many kids you got in there?.”
6. “Kay, hold still right there. Now, just imagine you're weightless, in the middle of the ocean, surrounded by tiny little seahorses.”
7. “What is this thing? I mean, it serves no useful purpose for there to be a bunch of chompy, crushy things in the middle of a hallway. No, I mean we shouldn't have to do this, it makes no logical sense, why is it here?”
8. “If there's one thing I know, it's never to mess with mother nature, mother in-laws and, mother freaking Ukrainians”
9. “Well, insertion of bread into that so-called toaster produces no toast at all, merely warm bread! Inserting the bread twice produces charcoal. So, clearly, to make proper toast it requires one and a half insertions, which is something for which the apparatus doesn't begin to allow! One assumes that when the General of Electric built it, he might have tried using it. One assumes the General might take pride in his creations instead of just foisting them on an unsuspecting public.”
10. “This could be the worst disaster NASA's ever faced.” “With all due respect, sir, I believe this is gonna be our finest hour.”
11. “Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that!”
12. “Oh, but darlin', I thought you said we should think of it as ‘our money’. Just a guess: The words *joint checking* are flashing in your head right now.”
13. “I'm gonna teach you the meaning of pain.” “You like pain? Try wearing a corset.”
14. “I am in a dress, I have gel in my hair, I haven't slept all night, I'm starved, AND I'm armed! Don't MESS with me!”
15. “I don't want to be beautiful in my own way. I want to look like these people.” “Oh those aren't people honey, those are models.”
Goodbye
4 days ago
3 comments:
Fun! Here are my guesses:
3-A Walk to Remember
10-Apollo 13
12-Sweet Home Alabama
14-Miss Congeniality
I will be interested to see what the answers are! Some sounded familiar and others didn't at all! :)
You are fast! And right on all 4. Doing this makes me want to watch all these movies again!
1 - Rudy
13 - Pirates of the Carribean
14 - Miss Congeniality (Jill beat me)
Post a Comment