Friday, February 13, 2009

18 months!


Our Kara turned 18 months old on Saturday. She goes to nursery at church and I get to actually pay attention in Sunday School and Relief Society again. YAY! Monday she went for her check-up and she didn't have to get any shots! Another YAY! And, she doesn't have to come back again for a whole 6 months, even then she only has to get one shot. I know they keep her from getting sick, and I'm grateful we live where vaccines are readily available, but it's still hard to watch her get poked. She weighs in at 21 lbs, 11 ozs. (10-25%) and is 32 inches tall (50-75%). she does everything she is supposed to do and then some. The nurse asked if she was saying three words and I thought she meant three word phrases so I said "no". She looked at surprised and asked again, "she doesn't say three different words?" To that I laughed and responded that she says wayy more then three words. Most commonly heard are: "bye" (she waves when she says it,)"poo-poo" (when shes getting her diaper changed, "mom" and "mommy", "daddy", "no" "doggie", "cheese", "ni-night", "doll", "bie" (like pie with a "B" means bike). She loves climbing, coloring (she gets very serious when she colors), dancing, stickers, pouring the milk out of her cup, and stashing things in the bread maker.

1 comment:

Braeden said...

Stashing things in the bread maker... LOL! So cute.