After 14 hours of waiting for the hospital to have room for me, two hours to get checked in, and another 12 hours on pitocin, nothing was happening. Dr. Conner (male Dr.) was telling me they might have to send me home and have me come back Friday to try again (this was Tuesday). Well I was NOT leaving that hospital without a baby. After the doctor left the room Jeff and I prayed and he gave me a blessing. Next time they checked me I had progressed to TWO centemeters! I had been at one and a half before, but it was enough that Dr. Anton (female Dr.) broke my water. They gave me an epidural and I was finally able to get some sleep. When I woke up I was at an 8! Another hour or so of "labor", an hour and a half of pushing and Kara Lanina Fernandez was born. August 7th, 2007, 7:23pm (11 days late!), 8 pounds, 2 ounces, 20 inches.
We named her Kara because Jeff had a dream about her back in 1996, so when we found out we were having a a girl we knew her name was Kara. Lanina is a family name, its my middle name and also my mothers, and her mothers.
No comments:
Post a Comment