Earlier this month we went with our friends the Arnolds and Billy and Alisha and their boys to the zoo. Kara loves animals and animals names make up a big part of her vocabulary right now, so I was excited for her to get to see so many new real life animals. Not just the dogs, birds and ducks that we can see here in the city. We tried to explain to her where we were going and listed off many of the animals she would get to see. She smiled as we listed off animal names for her but it didn't really seem to be sinking in that she would actually get to SEE these animals. The first stop was the penguins, which she called ducks. Because all birds that swim are ducks, right? Still not grasping that we would be seeing many different animals, she cried when we moved on from the "ducks", but quickly perked up when she saw the next animal. After a couple times, moving on and seeing a new animal, she ran excitedly from spot to spot when we would say lets go see the next animal. The gorillas put on quite the show and seemed to be all the kids favorite. After 4 hours we decided to end our zoo trip with a ride on the carousel. We only saw about half the animals, but we were worn out!
I went through your blog tonight. Fun to read. Jonas wasn't interested in riding the carousel. In fact I think he said "No, thanks." Seeing the tradition lake pictures was fun too. I like the picture of Kara & Kayla on the seesaw, darling.
4 comments:
What fun!!
Fun. I can't wait to take Kayden to the zoo. One of our favorite places..
I went through your blog tonight. Fun to read. Jonas wasn't interested in riding the carousel. In fact I think he said "No, thanks." Seeing the tradition lake pictures was fun too. I like the picture of Kara & Kayla on the seesaw, darling.
It was a great day. I'm so glad we all got to go together!
Post a Comment