Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween x 2

Launching into the Holiday season with a new baby, who had outgrown the newborn who sleeps all the time phase, life got kind of crazy and blogging, well just didn't happen. So here is Halloween 2009 and 2010.


2009
Over the summer I'd been in a sewing mood and had bought pattern at a Joanne's sale to make Kara a Cinderella dress for playing dress up. Princesses and dress up were two things she was BIG into, still is. Well I got the idea that I had plenty of time, if I started right away, to make it in time to also be a Halloween costume. This was the most challenging thing I'd ever decided to sew that I actually completed. It really stretched me and I sure learned a lot! I wanted it to be a little big, so she wouldn't outgrow it too fast. So she was Cinderella... again... for the 3rd time! But she loved it!
First time trying on the completed dress...


As you can see, Jeff was Charlie Brown... again...
A two year old getting ready to go out trick of treating for the first time is not easy to photograph!



We went to my Dad's neighborhood because they actually get trick-or-treaters and its a nice flat culdesac neighborhood, just right for trick -or-treating!


Jeff's "Mikey" pumpkin.

On to 2010!
Andrew had two costumes that I had scored at an after Halloween sale super cheep. The Friday before Halloween we went to Jeff's work for the festivities where he got to be Buzz Lightyear... to infinity, and beyond!

Kara refused to put on the witch costume I had for her, she wanted to wear Andrew's pumpkin shirt.



Ward Halloween party with her Minnie Mouse costume, which she slept in for the next two days!


Andrew's Woody costume came with these cute "boots", but the fabric was too thin for outside.


Andrew tries hard to keep up with Kara and trick -or- treating was no exception, he figured that one out quick! Walk up to a door with a pumpkin, say something, and get a piece of candy, I can do that!


With Halloween falling on Sunday this year we just went to a couple of the close neighbors houses and then came home and popped some popcorn.


I convinced Jeff to forgoe his Charlie Brown shirt and dress as Barry Hucklebug. Don't know who Barry Hucklebug is? Well Kara does...

It's her current favorite bedtime story!



1 comment:

jhoopes said...

I love that you caught up on 2009 Halloween!! :) It is fun to see how Kara has "grown up." :) Such fun costumes, too!