Wednesday, October 7, 2009

looking for potty training tips

I'm looking for potty training tips and advice. Books, websites, ect that are helpful. Kara is 26 months old, she has been waking up with a dry diaper for months. She often hides behind the couch or something when she has to "go". She tells me when she needs a diaper change, and I feel that her communication skills are good enough now that she is just about ready. I have about 4 weeks worth of diapers then I want to move her up to underwear. I think by then she will have adjusted to having a baby brother enough to be done with diapers.

3 comments:

Myrnie said...

Hmm...we just put E in underwear. Being wet is bad enough that she only had to do it a few times. Really, I think we only had 3 or 4 accidents outside of the bathroom. She was terrified of the toilet though, until I found her trying to have a bowel movement in the living room (she was still in diapers.) I grabbed her and peeled off her clothes while we ran- she was so proud of herself for pooping in the toilet, and I gave her a sucker afterwards (she doesn't get many sweets.) I don't think we had more than 1 or 2 "dirty" accidents after that.

Good luck!!!

Nikki said...

3 day potty training is amazing. I haven't heard from anyone it hasn't worked for.

Adamson Family said...

I tried to combine a bunch of methods and it worked. Jonas is doing awesome. The best advice is stay home with little to no distractions. Good luck Kara!