Sunday, August 16, 2009

baby update

I've graduated to weekly doctor appointments now that I'm in the final month. At this last visit I also had another ultrasound to check on the baby's size. I'd post pictures, but but he's moved down so low and is so squished in there that honestly there isn't much to see. Now doubt it's a boy though. According to the measurements he's 7 lbs, which is 87th percentile, so a good sized baby. I was happy to find out that even though he's on the bigger side, his head is proportionate to his body. Kara had, and still has a big head for her size. The doctor also said at this visit that the baby is 90% effaced, and that my cervix is already soft and starting to dilate, so I should try and take it easy for the next couple weeks and keep him inside a little bit longer.

No comments: